Back pain is often caused by years of bad posture. It happens progressively through long hours sitting or standing slumped over.
Good posture is the best way to prevent back pain. And you can dramatically improve your posture by learning to stand properly.
Click image for the Podcast audio exercise.
Here’s a simple exercise you can do:
• Stand with your head, shoulders and glutes against a wall, with your heels a couple of inches from the wall.
• Keep you chin up, eyes forward, and relax your shoulders.
• Now, tighten your abs and glutes, as you press your back against the wall.
• You should be able to still slide your hand behind so it fits naturally between the curve of your lower back and the wall.
• Hold for 30 seconds to a minute.
• For best results, practice the exercise 4-5 times a week.