1. Blueberries—This colorful fruit is rich in fiber, vitamin C, antioxidants and phytonutrients for good health
2. Broccoli—This cruciferous vegetable is packed with nutritional power from fiber, calcium, vitamin E, vitamin C, and protective compounds like lutein and beta-carotene.
3. Garlic—Garlic has a purifying effect that reduces cholesterol, lowers blood pressure, fights unfriendly bacteria, and possibly viruses.
4. Spinach—Loaded with antioxidants, vitamin C and K, and studies show it can help you to think more clearly!
5. Kiwi—Did you know that this fuzzy fruit has more vitamin C than an orange? And it’s loaded with fiber and potassium, too.
6. Salmon—The abundance of Omega-3 fatty acids found in this fish reduces the risk of heart-disease, stimulates the immune system and might even reduce the incidence of depression.
7. Tomatoes— Packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium and carotenoids, these red beauties also contain lycopene, a phytochemical proven to protect against cancers, especially prostate cancer.
8. Egg whites—All protein, no fat. With only 6 calories per egg white and all the essential amino acids, egg whites score high as a perfect protein source.
9. Oatmeal—Perfect for endurance athletes and those of you in need of long lasting energy. A proven cholesterol reducer, this whole-grain is high in soluble fiber, iron, magnesium, selenium, zinc, folic acid and other B vitamins.
10. Almonds—For glowing skin and more. Raw almonds have been shown to decrease cholesterol and are an excellent source of vitamin E, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, potassium and iron. They’re also rich in phytochemicals, which are important “health guardians.”
More healthy tips:
• Keep your produce clean and free of Pesticides, herbicides and fungicides:
• Buy organically grown whenever possible.
• Wash your produce in water, Using a scrub brush, and rinse thoroughly.
• Discard the outer leaves of leafy vegetables such as lettuce, cabbage and Brussels sprouts.
• Scrub the outside of melons with water or a produce wash product before cutting rinds. Rinse thoroughly.